Swell Creative Group is a social justice focused digital and creative agency working on some of the most pressing issues of today: homelessness, child poverty, water, the environment. We build community and activate real people to make policy, behavior, narrative or electoral change. We love to win. And we only work on issues that matter.
The Director of Strategy will lead our campaigns and craft digital strategies across our client mix of nonprofits, advocacy campaigns and brands. You will work on some of the most vexing issues of the day and address them with an awesome team of thinkers and creatives: client managers, writers, designers and vendors. You’ll be responsible for moving the work forward, leading larger client accounts (supported by the client team) and making an impact on the issues we’re tackling, every day. As part of the leadership team, you’ll have responsibility for the cultural, strategic and creative progress of Swell.
We are seeking people who like to tame complexity, solve problems and ship product each and every day. You need to think fast, have a sense of humor and a willingness to fail.
- At least 8 years of related experience – at a digital shop or political campaign, or working on nonprofit comms
- Senior level experience across delivering digital marketing programs
- Maintain deep knowledge of social/political/economic issues that impact your clients as well as continual education within your discipline.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you.
- Experience building or managing a team and desire to mentor staff in best practices.
- You want to win and push a narrative forward every day.
- You ask smart questions and have a natural inclination for when to push back, how to navigate advocating for ideas, and how to find an intelligent balance.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You’re an excellent communicator on paper and in person.
- Most importantly, you are hungry to make an impact.
- Develop kickass digital strategies for brands, non-profits, and campaigns that exceed client expectations.
- Collaborate with clients in setting realistic goals for online (and sometimes offline) campaigns.
- Provide technical, creative, and/or strategic oversight across all of our offerings to ensure the highest quality work product.
- Ensure successful program and project management, including planning and scheduling, cost estimating, and delivery oversight.
- Lead competitive analyses and stakeholder interviews.
- Generate ideas and strategies by participating in early client innovation meetings.
- Serve as senior point of contact for a portfolio of clients, ensure that expectations are realistic and constantly met, and leverage into future opportunities.
- Write and produce client-facing proposals and memoranda, presentations, strategic plans, and other materials.
- Manage account leads and their support teams to ensure seamless project management for digital strategy development and execution, and developing exceptional work.
- Work flow: Work with the team to ensure that deliverables, timelines and work plans are developed and met for every client; ensure that project timelines are continually updated and maintained.
- Serve as a resource and coach for account leads as they develop client strategies and/or respond to unanticipated challenges or opportunities that may arise on a regular basis.
New Business Generation:
- Network and help sell Swell services to brands, nonprofits, campaigns and advocacy organizations
- Develop and present new creative concepts to prospective clients