Swell Creative Group is a full-service creative agency based in LA with a team in Santa Cruz that specializes in building online movements. We create programs that build community, raise awareness, and change minds – campaigns that get people excited, sharing, and activated to create real and lasting change.
We are looking for a Junior Designer to work on a wide range of design projects from responsive websites and landing pages to identity, infographics, and print design. This individual would ideally have an interest in front-end web development.
The Junior Designer will work with the creative director and strategists on client engagements through a variety of phases, including:
- Pitch decks
- Logo and brand design
- Front-end web design
- Social campaign graphic design
- Email template design and development
- Print collateral design
- Website updates
The Junior Designer will also work on day-to-day campaign production needs. It is crucial to produce quality work on a tight schedule, while actively communicating with project managers and stakeholders.
- 2+ years of professional web and print design experience. Experience working in an agency setting is a plus.
- Online portfolio of work. We’re looking for a versatile design aesthetic and diverse examples of excellent web and print design.
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking, as well as an advanced understanding of all stages of web development including design processes, responsive design, interaction design, brand development, and digital marketing.
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and the ability to articulate conceptual ideas clearly to multiple stakeholders. Must have experience and enjoy communicating directly with clients.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Apple iWork (Keynote and Pages), and Microsoft Office.
- CMS experience with Expression Engine, WordPress, Drupal, or others.
- Email Marketing platform experience with MailChimp, Constant Contact, Nation Builder, or others.
- An eye for typography, whitespace, and other details that occur at the intersection of design and code.
- Keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to manage client and internal expectations, balancing scope and timelines.
Experience with front-end development strongly preferred. Familiarity with user experience design, information architecture, the functionality of content management systems, best practices for web usability and technical implementation, and a deep understanding of how technical factors affect designing for the online space.
Intermediate knowledge of modern Web Standards (HTML5, CSS3).
An interest in or experience with responsive design, jQuery mobile, or other approaches to designing for mobile users.
Experience with Twitter Bootstrap, Foundation and other frameworks.
Experience with git, subversion, or other versioning tools.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Swell offers a competitive benefits plan for full-time employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Come surf with Swell? The full-time position is open now and will be filled quickly. If you’re interested, send a cover letter, resume, reference, online portfolio and salary history to Tali@swellcreativegroup.com.