Swell Creative Group is a digital and creative agency that is working on some of the most pressing issues of today: homelessness, child poverty, and the environment, and helping to change policy at the local and state level. We are looking for a Digital Strategist to lead our online campaigns. We are not a traditional agency. We like to win. And we only work on issues that matter.
You are: someone with at least 5 years of related experience — at a digital shop or political campaign, or working on nonprofit comms. You also want to win and push a narrative forward every day. You are funny, or have a sense of humor. You’re an excellent communicator — in writing and speaking. You have eclectic music tastes. And, most importantly, you are hungry to make an impact.
Strategy development and delivery
- Develop digital strategies for brands, non-profits, and campaigns.
- Develop communications and creative strategy for website, email and social content.
- Collaborate with clients in setting realistic goals for online (and sometimes offline) campaigns.
- Lead competitive analyses, stakeholder interviews, and other needed research.
- Generate ideas and strategies by participating in early client innovation meetings.
- Translate high-level concepts and creative briefs into overall strategy plan.
- Contribute to campaign development with creative ideas and tactics.
- Construct, articulate and execute digital communications strategy.
- Provide strategic advice and calendar planning for clients, helping to capitalize on key events, organizational milestones and breaking stories.
- Participate in the management of relationships with clients at all levels, maintaining and ensuring the high-quality of our work.
- Work with clients and staff to write and revise email, social media, SMS, and blog copy to achieve campaign goals.
- Work with the team to develop and execute exceptional work.
- Participate in internal and client-facing creative briefings, brainstorm sessions, status meetings, and post-project assessments.
- Provide status updates on all projects to ensure team coordination and timely delivery.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Conduct research and analysis as needed.
- Attend, document, and generate action items emerging from client and team meetings.
- Draft client-facing proposals and memoranda, presentations, strategic plans, etc.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and archived appropriately.
- Participate in QA process on deliverables from the team.
- 5+ years experience in a relevant field (such as digital strategy, political campaign planning or organizing, direct marketing, communications strategy, online fundraising).
- Experience leading projects, from the no budget to the well-resourced.
- Client-facing experience and presentation skills.
- Fluent in contemporary digital marketing and engagement programs.
- Self-starter, driven, hungry, focused, eager, with a sense of humor.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Tali@swellcreativegroup.com.